We are looking for our next Purchasing and Estimating Specialist at Heritage Homes!
We’re not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, hard playing and performance minded. We give back to our communities and have each other’s back. We solve problems and build relationships. We began our story in 1995 and since then have built more than 1,000 custom homes. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
The Purchasing and Estimating Specialist at Heritage Homes is responsible to plan, direct and oversee all activities pertaining to the construction of all houses in accordance with the company policies, plan documents and governmental regulations. The Estimating and Purchasing Specialist will study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods. The responsibilities will include managing the start of the home to all facets of estimating the home. This individual will be involved in client meetings, and will be required to research new technologies in construction, materials and procedures.
- Estimating and pricing all options for sales before contract and after. Update and control IHMS/when CSW comes back from pricing to get input accurately.
- Responsible for all take offs of materials of a home and ensures that the material is given to purchasing for a purchase order.
- Look to improve processes with trades on product, procedures, pricing (product development) (new Trades).
- Review and evaluate cost estimates.
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Understand scope of work to bid.
- Prepare cost analysis of estimations.
- Always be aware of opportunities to control costs.
- Always foster a positive environment in the company.
- Report anything that is not within the company’s conduct/guidelines or safety rules.
- Assist any team member in any way to ensure the best outcome for any level of project